[dmd-internals] Git on Windows

David Held dmd at wyntrmute.com
Wed Nov 7 00:16:24 PST 2012

On 11/6/2012 10:44 PM, Daniel Murphy wrote:
> [...]
> No, git on windows, is not as good as git on linux.  But for most
> normal tasks like committing, branching and pushing, it is _exactly_
> the same.

I would agree if I knew what git on linux was like.  But git on Windows
doesn't seem much worse than SVN on Windows.  I'm using Git GUI, Git
Bash, and recently, meld.  The steps for getting meld set up are
somewhat annoying (and it doesn't integrate cleanly with Git GUI), but
once it's done, meld itself is almost as nice as the Perforce Visual
Merge tool.

Dave