[dmd-internals] Bugzilla cleanup

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Nov 27 17:10:25 PST 2013

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 06:14:56PM +1100, Daniel Murphy wrote:
> Going through the bugzilla list recently, I've noticed a few things that
> could we don't seem to use:
> - Priority (P1-P5) - these don't appear to actually mean anything

And here I was wondering exactly what to put in that field when
submitting bug reports...

> - BLOCKER severity - means exactly the same thing as critical

Also, what do the other severities mean? It would be nice to set down
some definitions, like minor = "causes inconvenience but has easy
workaround", major = "causes language feature to be unusable as
advertised" (rather than major = "I think this is important and I want
it fixed NAOW!"), etc..

> - Versions other than D1/D2/D1 and D2

What about bugs filed against specific releases? Or we don't have those
kinds of bugs / we don't have the resources to keep track of them?

> - Milestones, which never caught on
>
> I don't know how hard it would be to yank these out, but if it's easy I
> think it would reduce the noise a little.
>
> Does anybody use these?
[...]

Not me.

Don't drink and derive. Alcohol and algebra don't mix.