[dmd-internals] DMD copyright assignment

David Nadlinger via dmd-internals dmd-internals at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 22 14:15:39 PDT 2014

On 22 Jun 2014, at 20:38, Walter Bright via dmd-internals wrote:
> It's still a good idea, as I'm not sure what issues may come up about
> it in the future. We've had contributors disappear before, questions
> come up, and we were forced to abandon their contributions as a
> result.

Putting aside all the other reasons why I think requiring copyright
assignment now is a really bad idea:

1. What instance of troubles are you referring to, specifically?

2. How would a dubious copyright assignment give you any more security
than licensing a contribution under Boost?

Also note that systematically requiring copyright assignment before
merging a change on GitHub is not something we are currently doing. I
was just not sure whether it is something you want to start doing.