[dmd-internals] Future of DMD on OS X 32bit?

Jacob Carlborg via dmd-internals dmd-internals at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 10 12:23:15 PST 2016

Don’t think my replay got sent to the mailing list, sending again.

> On 10 jan 2016, at 18:31, Andrei Alexandrescu <andrei at erdani.com> wrote:
>
> Asking on the ng is a good idea. I'm a bit concerned about iOS. My understanding is iOS is a pared-down OSX/32, is that right?

Yes.

> If that's the case, if we choose to neglect/drop OSX/32, we're creating difficulties for ourselves later.

iOS 32it doesn’t support native TLS. DMD doesn’t support ARM. I don’t think it’s a big issue.

Would it be ok to continue use emulated TLS for 32bit? Otherwise I think there's just some minor issue with the instructions generated to access a TLS variable. Perhaps someone that actually knows how DMD works could help out.
--
/Jacob Carlborg