[dmd-internals] New DIP handling process

Михаил Страшун via dmd-internals dmd-internals at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 14 15:46:27 PDT 2016

> My opinion in the matter is: there must be some protocol that guarantees
> consideration by the leadership. Can it be abused? Yes, just like
> standardization processes can and are, just how legal systems are, etc.
> But by and large they are a good thing, and we need to have one. For my
> part I'd be hypocritical if I can afford time to participate in the
> meandering chatter on the forums, yet refuse to devise a way for the
> appropriately determined to get my attention.
>
> <snip>
>
> DIPs should be more structured themselves. To the extent we preserve
> structure from the wiki DIPs that should be clearly stated and
> templated. Probably we need more than that, seeing as plenty of poor
> DIPs do follow the required structure. I'm thinking at least a PR
> against the language/library specification showing what changes to those
> would be needed in order to describe the proposed feature.
>
> Generally, let's get this done. Thanks Dicebot for the initiative.

Thank you very much for commitment. I got some valuable feedback, need
to think about it and incroporate into another iteration of proposed
process this weekend (sadly, as I have mentioned before, I can only
afford large time commitment one day a week).

I will take this and earlier Walter reply as preliminary conceptual
agreement - let's get to more technical details in that case!