[dmd-internals] New DIP handling process

Martin Nowak via dmd-internals dmd-internals at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 17 02:27:40 PDT 2016

On 06/12/16 13:50, Михаил Страшун via dmd-internals wrote:
> Proposal
> --------
>
> I have described my vision of new process here:
> https://github.com/Dicebot/DIPs , check
> https://github.com/Dicebot/DIPs/blob/master/README.md for actual
> description.
>
> Essentially it tries to address transparency issue by minimizing routine
> information digging effort on Andrei and Walter side and make the
> process more stable by introducing regular short meetings and/or mail
> discussions for DIP review.
>
> If new process is to be approved, this repo is to be moved to dlang
> organization and becomes the main place for DIP management.

Thanks, this really looks like it can revive DIPs.
Also PRs seem very appropriate as the review stage can raise the quality
of proposal and ask people to collaborate instead of adding lots of
competing DIPs.
And since PRs are open to public comments, people can already
participate in the draft reviews, great.

-Martin