[Greylist-users] Why continue to tempblock on the same IP?

Aaron B. Iba aiba at bbn.com
Fri Jul 25 12:42:39 PDT 2003

Hi All,

I just recently read about the greylisting method, which I like very
much.  I wonder, however, that once you allow mail from a certain host
(after it has retried after a tempfail), is it not safe to assume that
future messages from that host will also queue and retry in a similar
fashion?  If so, I see no point in issuing future tempfails to the same
host for different envelope FROM and TO addresses.

What am I missing?

-Aaron