[Greylist-users] Why continue to tempblock on the same IP?

Evan Harris eharris at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 25 14:07:33 PDT 2003

Because if you whitelist by IP, that makes it way too easy for spammers to
circumvent.  All they have to do is get ONE email through, getting them
whitelisted, and then they can happily spam thousands of users without any
warning.  They can even continue to forge random from addresses, and it all
gets accepted.

That's too big an opening in my opinion.

Evan