[Greylist-users] Exim Implementation

martin dempsey mjd at digitaleveryware.com
Mon Jun 23 12:42:41 PDT 2003

I've got a greylisting implementation working for exim processing email on a
couple mailservers. Its done exactly according to Evan Harris's spec and
currently supports all features execpt recipient domain whitelisting which
hasn't been implemented yet (no immediate need).

I had to quickly add code to allow matches from mailservers in the same /24
subnet since matching only exact ip addresses was a problem in real life with
some of the domains who were using multiple mailservers to send mail to users
on my system.  Based on my experience, I don't think its wise to match the
exact ip.

My implementation for exim uses exim 4's local_scan interface, so it is
written in "C" and has to be compiled into the exim executable.  I am going
to test it for a week or so. If you are interested in using it after that,
let me know. I'll make the code available under the GPL for anyone to use or
improve.