[Greylist-users] exim implementation

Claudemir Todo Bom devel at wiredway.com.br
Tue Jun 24 17:18:43 PDT 2003

Em Ter, 2003-06-24 às 12:56, martin dempsey escreveu:
    > I want to implement the greylisting on Exim 3.x server, but I do not
    > know where to start and how to code it. Can anybody help me on this?

    I was also using Exim 3.x and looked into it myself. Turns out it seems much
    easier to do in Exim 4.x. The local_scan feature described in chapter 38 of
    the exim documentation that I used to implement greylisting doesn't exist in
    Exim version 3.x.

    Why don't you upgrade to a newer version of Exim?

I am using the exim from Debian. I've already customized the Debian
package for it, as I maintain a lot of servers, I really need to stick
on a stable package.

    I'd be happy to share my greylisting code if you want to use Exim 4.x. Just
    download the source code for Exim 4.20 from www.exim.org, add my greylisting
    code and you can be in business.

I'll try to convert the package of exim 4 using the source package from
unstable (it is not on testing yet) version of Debian, can you point me
to your implementation of greylisting?

Best Regards,
--
Claudemir Todo Bom