[Greylist-users] Timing issues (was Re: Central Database)

Eirik Oeverby ltning at anduin.net
Thu Jun 26 19:41:46 PDT 2003

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:32:47 -0400 (EDT)
"David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> This delay is inevitable and is the price of greylisting.  Users have
> to weigh the pros and cons themselves.

I think I have proven that it's not entirely inevitable - and my users
*can't* weigh the pros and cons themselves, since this is a system-wide
thing. It's not practical for me (nor is it for others running large
mail servers) to do any kind of 'voting' among users on this. So if we
are to implement it, we need to make the initial hurdle as little as
posisble.

/Eirik