[Greylist-users] qmail implementation - correct this time, I hope

Eirik Oeverby ltning-greylist at anduin.net
Fri Jun 27 10:20:35 PDT 2003

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:02:14 -0600 (MDT)
Tony Arcieri <tarcieri at atmos.colostate.edu> wrote:
> My original intention was that the envelope scanner not be a point of
> failure in the system, so my intention was that if qmail-env-scan does
> not exist messages would simply be passed.  Unfortunately I was using
> the wrong return values, which resulted in the opposite behaviour
> (permanent failure)

Yep, figured as much :)

> Be sure to patch with -p1.  I successfully patched the source in the
> ports tree using the patch attached to this message.

May I ask how you did that?
I did the following:
cd /usr/ports/mail/qmail
make extract
cd work/qmail-1.03
patch -p1 < ~ltning/qmail-env-scanner.patch
Which resulted in all hunks failing to apply.
I have *no* idea why that happened.

Perhaps I need to run 'make patch' or whatever first, to apply the
FreeBSD patches? Though I believe there are no patches for qmail-smtpd,
or it would likely have failed to apply when doing 'make build'..

In any case, I'm writing my own qmail-envelope-scanner now - but since
I'm writing it in PHP (using the php executable) with a PostgreSQL
back-end instead of Perl and MySQL, I doubt anyone else
will be interested in it. Let me know if I'm wrong.

/Eirik