[Greylist-users] bad blacklist entry? dartmail.net

Ken Raeburn raeburn at raeburn.org
Wed Oct 22 13:55:15 PDT 2003

I'm on Intuit's list to get newsletters about turbotax.  (Not that I
want to be, but I did sign up and haven't bothered to sign off yet, so
technically it's not unsolicited email.)  It looks like they're
sending from a set of servers:

# mysql -D relaydelay -e "select relay_ip,mail_from from relaytofrom WHERE mail_from REGEXP 'turbotax.*'"
+----------------+------------------------------------+
| relay_ip       | mail_from                          |
+----------------+------------------------------------+
| 146.82.220.37  | <turbotax at newsletter.turbotax.com> |
| 146.82.220.226 | <turbotax at newsletter.turbotax.com> |
| 146.82.220.229 | <turbotax at newsletter.turbotax.com> |
| 146.82.220.37  | <turbotax at newsletter.turbotax.com> |
| 146.82.220.34  | <turbotax at newsletter.turbotax.com> |
| 146.82.220.35  | <turbotax at newsletter.turbotax.com> |
| 146.82.220.226 | <turbotax at newsletter.turbotax.com> |
+----------------+------------------------------------+

All the addresses I've bothered to look up map back to
"mta1.primary.ddc.dartmail.net".

I wound up adding 146.82.220 to my whitelist so the email could come
through.  (It hasn't yet; I may have waited too long and bounced it.
But other recent newsletters did come through that address block.)  I
did a search of the archives to see if it had been mentioned, since it
wasn't in the whitelist shipped with relaydelay-0.04, which is already
loaded into my database.  Turns out the only mention on the site is in
the blacklist, which obviously I'm not using.

Through whois and Google, I've found some association between
Dartmail, this address block, and doubleclick.net, but I haven't had
spam problems with doubleclick, I've only seen annoying web stuff.
And I have no other entries in my database from this address block.
So, is there more information to back up this blacklist entry?

Ken