[Greylist-users] RE: Exchange

Sean Harbour SHarbour at nwresd.k12.or.us
Wed Oct 29 12:35:38 PST 2003

All of the versions I've seen should work fine with Exchange, as long as you accept that you need to setup a separate box that will be the mail gateway for everything entering your network before it hits the Exchange server (Which, from a security viewpoint alone is a very good thing). If you want a M$ integrated version that runs on the same server as an existing Exchange install, you'll probably have to either wait a very long time, or be prepared to pay a 3rd party for it. Of course, if you want to change the default port of your Exchange SMTP service and hack together your own version of a greylisting SMTP  gateway proxy service using VB, perhaps using an access database for the backend, have at it.

Sean Harbour