[Greylist-users] RE: Exchange

Ed Mills EdMills at Alumni.Williams.edu
Wed Oct 29 15:16:21 PST 2003

Sean,
	I currently run Exchange on one machine with IIS5/SMTP running on a
machine in front of it as a gateway. The gateway also runs ORFEE for spam
filtering (www.vamsoft.com). So the question really is whether or not there
is a Windows version of greylisting rather than about Exchange. I'm assuming
that there is not. I'm also assuming you're tounge in cheek about building
it in VB.

Share and Enjoy,
	Ed

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Harbour [mailto:SHarbour at nwresd.k12.or.us]
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 12:36 PM
To: greylist-users at lists.puremagic.com
Subject: [Greylist-users] RE: Exchange

All of the versions I've seen should work fine with Exchange, as long as you
accept that you need to setup a separate box that will be the mail gateway
for everything entering your network before it hits the Exchange server
(Which, from a security viewpoint alone is a very good thing). If you want a
M$ integrated version that runs on the same server as an existing Exchange
install, you'll probably have to either wait a very long time, or be
prepared to pay a 3rd party for it. Of course, if you want to change the
default port of your Exchange SMTP service and hack together your own
version of a greylisting SMTP  gateway proxy service using VB, perhaps using
an access database for the backend, have at it.

Sean Harbour