[Greylist-users] Identifying ill configured relays from expired records

Paul Davies paul.davies at jrc.it
Tue Apr 27 07:35:10 PDT 2004

Hello All,

We have been running Greylisting since mid December 2003 on multiple
MX's with a centralise Database, and are currently very happy with the
results...
Spam has been reduced from about 50% to around 10% (when implemeted on
all MX's)
    We have about 2500 users...
    Currently are on about 2,500,000 id...
    Dumping about 30,000 to 40,000 expired records a night

But we have over this period identified some ill-configure relays out
there which we have had to "whilelist" , yahoo etc .... Currently ~45
whitelisted servers...

Has anyone done any work on trying to identify valid MX's that require
whitelisting from the database contents... Since we are still concerned
about not receiving valid mail....

Cheers,

Paul