[Greylist-users] can greylisting be done per-user on a multi-domain box?

Ken Raeburn raeburn at raeburn.org
Sun Aug 29 09:21:37 PDT 2004

Miles Keaton <mileskeaton at gmail.com> writes:
> Can greylisting be done per-user on a multi-domain box?
>
> We're using Qmail on FreeBSD for webhosting - about 200 domains per
> server - and I think our clients could really benefit from us enabling
> greylisting as an option on the server.
>
> But is it possible for some domains to enable it, and some domains to
> bypass it?  Or is it only a system-wide solution right now?

Yes, the general technique can easily be applied to one user or domain
and not another, since it operates on the "RCPT TO:" command in the
SMTP exchange.

In the relaydelay (sendmail milter) implementation, I believe there's
already a check for a whitelisted recipient domain as well as
individual whitelisted recipients.  Since that's what I'm using, I
can't tell you about a qmail implementation specifically, but if it
doesn't provide that feature, I expect it wouldn't be hard to add.

Ken