[Greylist-users] relay identification

Allan E Johannesen aej at WPI.EDU
Tue Jan 6 06:52:13 PST 2004

A user noticed the delay on a message and proceded to send himself some
messages from Yahoo.

The messages went out a variety of MTAs out of Yahoo, so they all delayed.

This caused a problem report, and I appreciate his anxiety.

Maybe this situation could be addressed...

I had the thought that any IP which has had a successful relay is probably
always going to have a successful relay.  I made a change:

. In a sweep cleaning up stale triples, I collected the IPs of all sites with 2
  or more successful relays and stored those.  Things like Yahoo relays will
  probably appear in such lists.

. The filter will accept messages, even the first one, from such "known good"
  relays.

Does this sound like a violation of the concept?