[Greylist-users] question about multiple mx

Evan Harris eharris at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 28 08:41:04 PST 2004

The situation you describe doesn't have a solution.  If there are real
mailservers that will accept and forward a significant portion of your mail,
and you don't have control of them and can't put greylisting on them also,
then you won't see any real benefit from greylisting.

The same problem exists even for mail servers that don't forward for a whole
domain.  Even individual users who have outside email accounts (at a
different domain) that forward to a domain with greylisting, since the
forwarding server will retry until the mail gets through, greylisting will
not prevent any of the spam coming through that forwarding server from being
delivered.

Evan