[Greylist-users] sendmail + greylist + spamassassin

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jul 20 16:18:36 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 15:55, Stephen Yeoh wrote:
> Just joined the list. I haven't seen any mention of using this software
> together with SpamAssassin.
>
> Can this be done? Has anybody done this?
>
> I'm running RH7.3 with Sendmail.
>
> TIA

I use sendmail with milter-greylist and procmail which calls
spamassassin.  Greylisting blocks about 98 to 99 percent of the email
aimed at my site.  I used to get between 3000 and 6000 spam messages
which spamassassin handled.  Now only 7 or 8 spam messages get through
greylisting which spamassassin then handles.

A great combination.
--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Bennett's Laws of Horticulture:
	(1) Houses are for people to live in.
	(2) Gardens are for plants to live in.
	(3) There is no such thing as a houseplant.