[Greylist-users] Greylisting over IPv6

William Blunn bill--greylist at blunn.org
Thu Jul 22 06:23:58 PDT 2004

Been thinking about IPv6, in as much as new projects should probably now
be thinking about IPv6 from the word go.

I have a greylisting system which works fine with IPv4.  I use the top
24 bits of the IP(v4) address as an approximation to the caller's
network.

This value is then used as the originating network address in the
triple.  This seems to work quite well.

I was wondering how this might work with IPv6.

I sniffed around a bit and found some documentation on IPv6.

The conclusion I came to was that it might work to use the top 64 bits
of the IPv6 address and use that to identify the caller's network.

Does anybody here use IPv6?

Can anybody here comment as to whether or not that might be a viable
solution?

Bill