[Greylist-users] Re: Why and how often greylisting fails against ordinal servers?

Philip Kizer pckizer at nostrum.com
Tue Jun 1 15:02:22 PDT 2004

"TSS Support" <support at tss.net> wrote:
>The real thorn in our side so far seems to be hideously misconfigured
>Exchange servers (don't know how people get them that messed up) and
>Groupwise servers (they report a 4xx error back as a 500 to the client).
>Other people have probably found different cases that bother them the most.

For Groupwise, see the following:
  http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10084802.htm

>On a complete tangent, my greylisting daemon seems to die randomly. At
>6:25am. Not every morning, just some mornings. The cron job for
>db_maintinence runs at midnight, so it doesn't seem related to that.
>However, that's when all of my logs are rotated. Has anyone seen relaydelay
>die when the logs are rotated? Is there a fix in CVS? I'm running 0.04.

Nope, and we see, all total, ~2million message delivery attempts each day.
But, we are using 0.05 with at least one stability patch I previously
posted to this list (it makes sure the database connection doesn't die, or
reconnects if needed, I'd point you at this URL, but I can't seem to pull
the patch from it:
http://lists.puremagic.com/pipermail/greylist-users/2004-May/000586.html).

-philip