[Greylist-users] SMTP/AUTH before greylist problem

Harald Schmitz harry at fh-aachen.de
Wed Aug 3 02:15:13 PDT 2005

Christine Kuhlmey wrote:

> On 03-Aug-2005 Ingo Freund wrote:
>
>>Christine Kuhlmey schrieb:
>>
>>>I'm running sendmail 8.12.10 with greylisting.
>>>We have the problem that SMTP/AUTHorized users
>>>do also get the greylist TEMPFAIL message, if the
>>>relay_ip:mail_fromm:rcpt_to triple does not exist in the database.
>>>
>>>Is there a way to allow ANY SMTP/AUTHorized user to send
>>>emails without being checked by relaydelay?
>>>
>>>Any help from you is greatly appreciated!
>>>Regards
>>>Christine Kuhlmey
>>>

>>use the whitelist option
>

> That won't work: I need to whitelist about 2000 sender addresses.
> On the other hand whitelisting a sender's email-address (mail_from) is not
> possible as far as I know. There is no dedicated relay_ip address
> because it changes whenever our users dial in via their different providers
> from home.
>
> Any other clue?
>
> Regards
> Christine

Hy,

you can run a other sendmail deamon, with own queue directory,  own
sendmail.cf and own certificates on the same system under a different IP.

We do so :-)

Regards
Harry

Dipl.-Ing. Harald Schmitz

FH-Aachen			Rechen- und Kommunikationszentrum
Netzzentrale (NOC) 		der RWTH Aachen

Goethestrasse 1    		Seffenter Weg 23
52064 Aachen        		52074 Aachen

Tel 0241-6009-2912		0241-80-29249