[Greylist-users] SMTP/AUTH before greylist problem

Bob Beck beck at bofh.cns.ualberta.ca
Wed Aug 3 12:46:24 PDT 2005

* Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground.net> [2005-08-03 13:01]:
> Bob Beck wrote:
>
> >	I find it a far simpler practice to simply tell people
> >that port 25 is not used for submission. It causes way less support
> >headaches when some knuckle dragger ends up somwehre with port 25
> >blocked.
> >

> Agreed.  However, there is also the support costs of walking people
> through changing the port every time they set up their mail client
> rather then just when they travel (or whatever)

	That's because you continue to sanction the use of port 25
for a mail client. make them use 587 *everywhere*, whether on the road
or not.

	-Bob

> --
> One can't make an omelette without breaking eggs, but it's amazing
> how many eggs one can break without making a decent omelette.

Bob Beck                                   Computing and Network Services
beck at bofh.ucs.ualberta.ca                           University of Alberta
True Evil hides its real intentions in its street address.