[Greylist-users] Exchange & Greylisting

Paul Venezia pvenezia at jpj.net
Thu Dec 15 11:02:22 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 12:02 -0600, Landin, Mark wrote:
>  >
> > Brent Meshier wrote:
> > > Has any work been done to bring greylisting to Microsoft Exchange?
> >
> > There is a already a solution. Interpose a Linux box between
> > the outside world and your Microsoft-OS'd machine.
>
> That is not an Exchange solution. Whatever anyone's personal opinion of
> Exchange and/or Microsoft, some environments are constrained to using it
> and adding Linux to this mix is not feasible.

Not to stir the pot, but if your company insists on imposing artificial
constraints on your toolset, many avenues will be closed to you,
including this one.

Personally, I've implemented well over 20 Linux mail filters in front of
Exchange servers to rave reviews. Some of them handling >100,000 emails
per day.

-Paul