[Greylist-users] need to daemonize the startup

Ken Raeburn raeburn at raeburn.org
Sat Jan 29 15:13:18 PST 2005

On Jan 29, 2005, at 02:26, Craig White wrote:
> If I launch the relaydelay.pl program - either with your relaydelay.sh
> (version 0.04) or with one of my own creation, it never detaches from
> the terminal.
>
> Am I just stupid and missed something?

Nope, that's the way it's written.

I use a script at boot time which does:

   .../relaydelay.pl /etc/mail/relaydelay.conf 2>&1 | logger -p
mail.info -t relaydelay &

so all the output gets logged (this was before anyone wrote the patches
to do logging from within the perl script) and it runs in background.

Happy relaydelaying. :-)

Ken