[Greylist-users] Whitelisting

James J Dempsey jjd at jjd.com
Tue Oct 18 10:28:16 PDT 2005

Bart Mortelmans <info at bnamed.net> wrote:

> I feel like, for greylisting to become really effective and not have too
> many false positives, a really good whitelisting system would be a
> necessity.

On the other hand, if greylisting did become very commonplace, the burden
would move from the greylisting providers to allow non-RFC-compliant mailers
into their systems through whitelisting to the non-compilant mailers having
to fix their mailers.

Instead of greylisting system's subscribers saying "why can't john send me
mail" it would become john telling his ISP "why is none of my mail getting
through to anyone?"

                       --Jim Dempsey--
                         jjd at jjd.com