[Greylist-users] Whitelisting

Bart Mortelmans info at bNamed.net
Tue Oct 18 09:07:24 PDT 2005

Hi,

Thanks, I have added your suggestion to my list.

I feel like, for greylisting to become really effective and not have too
many false positives, a really good whitelisting system would be a
necessity. Something that would list all relay servers of all the large
internet providers. Maybe using something similar to a DNS-system, like
what is used for most blacklists.

- There wouldn't by any chance be a current "list" for this? I know
there are systems that will allow you to check if an IP-address is
dail-up or ADSL or Cable connected. Maybe there already is one that
lists large ISP relay servers?
- If there isn't one, does any one reading this have any experience with
running that kind of a list? If so, I might be interested in working
together with you to set something up.

Sincerely,
Bart Mortelmans