[Greylist-users] Relaydelay on main mail server?

Dennis Wynne DWYNNE at equinoxis.com
Mon Apr 17 13:04:00 PDT 2006

My Greylist / relaydelay is still going great - using CentOS, sendmail,
MySql, etc on a box ahead of our real mail server. It just accepts the mail
and forwards what passes the tests. All mail is still sent out via the old
(real) mail server.

I am setting up a box from some friends of mine but this time we want the
relaydelay script, MySQL, sendmail, etc to run on the actual mail server. Or
rather I should say instead of forwarding the mail that passes, it keeps it
on the server for them to POP3 or IMAP4 off. It will be their only mail
server and will handle outgoing mail and incoming mail.

I have it set up and working, but when I send mail out via SMTP from a local
IP as one of the users (myname at some_domain.com) it does not sent it right
away, it gives my e-mail program a TEMP FAIL and does not sent out the mail
until I retry once the timeout has expired.

First, I assume that this can be done - using the anti-spam stuff on the
actual mail server?

Second, what did I do wrong :-) ?  How do I tell relaydelay this mail is
outbound for a user on THIS domain and it needs to pass it out w/o doing a
temp fail? Or do I have a setting wrong in sendmail?

Thanks,
Dennis