[Greylist-users] White-listing recipients?

Gabriel Millerd gmillerd at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 18:54:06 PDT 2006

> I would appreciate any pointers and/or ideas. (Please note that I am
> not the admin on that system but someone who would like to forward such
> pointers to the admins. Our university mail system is based on
> sendmail 8.13.7.)

   Its a hard sell to most large system administrators to make such exceptions.

   I would say using a whitelist like dnswl.junkemailfilter.com or
exemptions.ahbl.org before the greylist helps with your concerns. It
will keep track of for example all the hotmail, ebay, and what not
dynamic services. But your administrator might say ebay correspondence
should go to a gmail.com account or something non-unversity related.
And he would have a good basis for that.
   Though if you have a series academic mailing lists that use verp or
something. That can be aweful, likely you could work out with your
admin to whitelist various addresses from it if there was a need for
it.