[Greylist-users] Up and running on the real sever - and I

Dennis Wynne DWYNNE at equinoxis.com
Thu Feb 16 08:25:00 PST 2006

I was explaining greylist / relaydelay to another admin yesterday and
bragging on how well it has worked (along with tighter sendmail params) for
me.  He read the whitepaper at the link I provided and commented it would
never work for him - some of the MTAs that send him mail don't retry for 4
hours - and his users would not want to wait that long. The RFC clearly
suggests to retry a couple of times in the first hour, but someone has just
ignored that.

Dennis

===== Original Message from greylist-users at lists.puremagic.com (Greylisting
Users and Developers Discuss) at 2/16/06 9:00 am