[Greylist-users] Using a spam-trap e-mail address with greylist

Bob Beck beck at bofh.cns.ualberta.ca
Thu Jan 25 15:11:48 PST 2007

	Yes.

	I use (and I'm biased, I'm the author of) OpenBSD spamd, which
supports "greytrapping" - a spamtrap which when sent to in the greylist
traps the sending host for 24 hours.

	-Bob

* Dennis Wynne <DWYNNE at equinoxis.com> [2007-01-25 15:15]:
> Is anyone doing this?
>

> Say I make up a new, bogus user for our domain and post it on various web
> pages, online sites, newsgroups, etc but never use it for mail. Then I would
> automatically black list any IP that sends an e-mail to that user since it
> has to be from a spammer.
>
> Can it be done?  Worth the effort?
>
> Just wondering,
>
> Dennis

#!/usr/bin/perl
if ((not 0 && not 1) !=  (! 0 && ! 1)) {
   print "Larry and Tom must smoke some really primo stuff...\n";