[Greylist-users] Using a spam-trap e-mail address with

Dennis Wynne DWYNNE at equinoxis.com
Fri Jan 26 12:20:00 PST 2007

I agree - we don't use anything that checks content of the mail, just
several blacklists and greylist with sendmail.

I should have worded my original question better as I understand spam traps
or "honeypots" and how they work.

My question should have been:

Does anyone do this with the greylist script - when you get an e-mail to a
phony user at your domain you blacklist the sending IP (either temporary or
permanent) and if so can you share the code?

A second question should have been:

Given that many of the online blacklists have their own spam traps, is it
worth the effort to add to the greylist script.

So we have one vote for no on the second question :-)

Thanks!
Dennis

===== Original Message from greylist-users at lists.puremagic.com (Greylisting
Users and Developers Discuss) at 1/25/07 8:15 pm