[MudWalker] Bug & feature request/question

George Vidas gvidas
Wed Jun 23 17:58:49 PDT 2004

But first, the obligatory "I love Mudwalker.  Please, please release
new versions."

- There seems to be a glaring memory leak.  I'm not sure I can isolate
it very specifically; it pretty much boils down to the text buffer
never being deallocated, even when I set the lines display count low or
do a 'clear scrollback.'  I come to this conclusion by looking at a
`top -o rsize` and watching Mudwalker, after a few hours of constant
text scrolling, grind to a halt.

I wish I could be more specific, but it just seems like a fundamental
issue.  If you've never heard of this, or can't reproduce it, let me
know and I'll send you my prefs file or whatever else you might need.

- I would really like some sort of a timing hook for Lua.  Either a
function to get the current unix timestamp/microtime, or some way to
delay a trigger's execution for a set amount of time.  The latter could
be broadly emulated with the former, I think.  I've not been able to
dig up anything, though, because the Lua system functions don't seem
to, er, function in Mudwalker.  Any thoughts?  Essentially, I'd like a
tick timer; something that waits n seconds and then sends an echo.

Cheers.

--gv