[MudWalker] Re: Bug & feature request/question

Michael Beatty proto
Thu Jun 24 16:25:03 PDT 2004

On June 23, 2004, at 8:40 PM, George Vidas
<gvidas at gladstone.uoregon.edu> wrote:

> But first, the obligatory "I love Mudwalker.  Please, please release
> new versions."

Seconded.  Mudwalker has no peers on OS X..

> - There seems to be a glaring memory leak.  I'm not sure I can isolate
> it very specifically; it pretty much boils down to the text buffer
> never being deallocated, even when I set the lines display count low
> or do a 'clear scrollback.'  I come to this conclusion by looking at a
> `top -o rsize` and watching Mudwalker, after a few hours of constant
> text scrolling, grind to a halt.

I've also got this problem.  Mudwalker typically uses about 200-300 MB
of real memory (using Activity Monitor.app) after 20-30 minutes of
playing, and then begins to swap.

> - I would really like some sort of a timing hook for Lua.  Either a
> function to get the current unix timestamp/microtime, or some way to
> delay a trigger's execution for a set amount of time.  The latter
> could be broadly emulated with the former, I think.  I've not been
> able to dig up anything, though, because the Lua system functions
> don't seem to, er, function in Mudwalker.  Any thoughts?  Essentially,
> I'd like a tick timer; something that waits n seconds and then sends
> an echo.

Exposing the lua system.* functions and creating a timer setup would be
welcome here as well :)

Does the keybinding panel accept anything besides the numberpad keys?
I'd really like to bind the function keys to commands..
Michael Beatty | proto at beattys.us