[MudWalker] New Version Suggestions

Michael Beatty proto
Sat Aug 28 10:07:03 PDT 2004

On Aug 28, 2004, at 12:58 PM, James Schend wrote:

> Ok, I have a couple small gripes...
>
> First of all, am I missing something, or is there no timer support?  I
> like to have my characters 'keep alive' by typing 'save' every 5
> minutes to prevent them from being disconnected by the MUD, and I
> don't see a way of doing that with a trigger... or maybe I'm missing
> something...

Mudwalker doesn't have support for timers currently.  You could
possibly trigger it off of another event that occurs in several minute
intervals, such as area repop or weather changes (depending on your
mud).  Timer support would be very useful, though :>

> Secondly, when triggers go off they don't echo to the screen, which is
> really annoying since the MUD I play replies to most commands with the
> string "Ok." without telling you which command was entered.

Add a lua command like message("Trigger fired - ate food")

If you're using mixed mode, try @@message("Trigger fired - ate food")

Michael Beatty | proto at beattys.us