[MudWalker] Re: A few scripting features requests

Rakoth rakoth
Thu Jul 21 14:18:13 PDT 2005

'lo. Here are a few requests for things that would improve Mudwalker scripting.

- along with arg[] also supply "argc" - a variable with the number of
parameters supplied to the script. I hate it when my scripts can accept
variable number of parameters, and I must check for each until i find "nil"
just so I know how many I have got. Of course I can take the arg[0] and split
it myself, still "argc" would make things easier.

- An ability to _programmatically_ switch triggers on and off (also aliases,
macros, in future - folders of the former). Sure it can be emulated, sorta, by
assigning a variable to each trigger and checking it when it fires, but, isn't
it a huge bother? Rapscallion has this ability, even though it is incredibly
laggy if you want to switch more then one trigger.

- Another ability Rapscallion has - to grab selection from the terminal window
into a variable. Its very handy - doubleclick some name in the text, run a
script that would grab the selection and put it into "target" variable, and
then use it for whatever aliases you need. The real power of it, though, is
unveiled when we'll be able to use scripts in key macros.

I second many of the previous requests in the area of scripting - like
substituted lua in the input panel, variable inspector, timers.