[MudWalker] New user with crash and colorset questions..

Kevin Reid kpreid at mac.com
Fri Aug 11 04:46:43 PDT 2006

On Aug 9, 2006, at 12:09, Bonnie Hancock wrote:

> My first question is really basic, and probably me overlooking
> something.  The two default colorsets that come with the mud are
> white on black and black on white.  I prefer white on black, but I
> can't figure out how to make MW default to that instead of black on
> white.  Is there some 'save preferences' option I'm missing?

There are two different places for settings:

   Menu bar > MudWalker > Settings...

   These apply everywhere in MudWalker if not overridden in a
particular document. There has been one report of these not being
saved properly; if this is your problem please let me know.

   Menu bar > File > Document Settings...

   This applies to each connection document. These will be saved with
each document; if you're clicking "Don't Save" when you quit
MudWalker, then that is why they're not being saved.

(There are also per-window settings, but there is no place to edit
them directly.)

If you're still having trouble, tell me which of these you're doing
so I can figure out what the problem is.

> My other question is a bit stranger.  I'm currently building on a
> mud going beta soon.  Somehow, I crashed the game and corrupted an
> area file.  No big.   They restored it.  However, the files they
> restored suddenly double spaced every description.  Coders were
> able to fix this.  Except for me.  I still see most descriptions
> double-spaced, even though they look fine to everyone else.  What
> could cause this?

Most likely, the file now contains strange line breaks such as CR CR
LF, which MudWalker would treat as two line breaks but many other
clients won't.