[MudWalker] Unsupported version of client?

Kevin Reid kpreid at mac.com
Wed Jan 10 04:35:18 PST 2007

On Jan 10, 2007, at 1:40, Michael Beatty wrote:
> On 1/10/07, Bradford Barr <bradford.barr at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I keep getting an error in the main window of mudwalker saying:
>>
>> ==================================================================
>>     You are using an unsupported version of the client software.
>>
>>     Please update by forcing a reload of the page and reconnect.
>> ==================================================================
> Probably the fault of the mud you're playing.  It maybe has an
> official client (maybe java on the mud's webpage?), and operates less
> than ideally or not at all with other mud software?

I agree. This message sounds like it's written specifically for an in-
web-page client.

It is possible that the mud either expects to always receive some
signal from their client, or that MudWalker is responding in a way
that triggers that message.

Either way, if the mud refuses to let you continue, then either they
only intend to allow their own client (unlikely, if they told you the
port to connect to), or they have a bug in their server which
unintentionally keeps out MudWalker's particular behavior.

(Michael Beatty: When posting to this list, please place your quoted
text, appropriately shortened, above your reply.)