[MudWalker] Medievia.com Fonts and Sounds

Kevin Reid kpreid at mac.com
Thu Feb 7 13:05:48 PST 2008

On Feb 7, 2008, at 11:18, Trey Holliday wrote:

> I'm no Lua expert, but I'm sure there's a way that Lua can call
> a .wav file from the system through a sequence of triggers in a
> similar way that Medievia calls the sound files to begin with.

MudWalker provides the function playSound(name) which takes the name
of a sound (as listed in the Sound system preferences) and plays it.
You can add more sounds in the standard /Library/Sounds or /Users/
your-name-here/Library/Sounds folders.

For example, I use a trigger which recognizes people speaking to or
about me and runs this script:

@@playSound("Pop")