[phobos] Tango and the new time lib

Andrei Alexandrescu andrei at erdani.com
Wed Apr 28 20:59:56 PDT 2010

Now I'm glad I never looked at Tango. I suggest you post this to the
newsgroup and we give up on Shoo's code. I don't empathize with the
Tango fellows keeping their precious locked because it's very difficult
to frame that action as having D's community interest at heart. To be
frank their whole motivation looks petty and political to the extreme,
particularly because it's not a rocket science library, it's a God damn
date and time routines we're talking about.

To me there's only way out of this: define artifacts that are so much
better than Tango's, it would be impossible to them to claim we stole
from them.

Andrei