[phobos] Tango and the new time lib

Andrei Alexandrescu andrei at erdani.com
Thu Apr 29 08:53:52 PDT 2010

I think for practical reasons we should simply stay away from Tango.
We'd be wasting time otherwise. It's not like they discovered the cure
for cancer. We're better off just defining better abstractions; think of
where Phobos was in comparison to Tango before std.algorithm came about.

In the date/time case, we should be looking for inspiration at Boost -
work that's licensed under better terms, and of good quality to boot.

Andrei