[phobos] Status of std.gregorian

Andrei Alexandrescu andrei at erdani.com
Sun Aug 15 05:36:08 PDT 2010

Thanks for your work, Jonathan. Our decision after the issue with
Tango's date and time was to use Boost's. I'd started std.gregorian as a
seed of a port of Boost's date and time, in the hope that someone will
continue it. Jeff Garland (Boost's date/time author) has been very
supportive in the matter.

I very strongly suggest to stick with copying Boost's or C++0x's date
and time facilities, unless we find some clearly superior ways
facilitated by D's features. Developing our own date/time library from
scratch risks of being at best just as capable as Boost/C++0x but
guaranteed unfamiliar to everyone.

Andrei