[phobos] Annoying whitespace diffs

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 16:10:16 PDT 2010

On Sunday 22 August 2010 14:20:41 Walter Bright wrote:
> A lot of checkins to Phobos wind up with a lot of invisible changes,
> because:
>
> 1. random addition and subtraction of tabs
> 2. random appearance and disappearance of trailing whitespace
>
> I'd like to put an end to this, with the following rules:
>
> 1. no tabs are allowed
> 2. no trailing whitespace is allowed

That would certainly be nice. And some editors should be able to take care of
this for you - either because of the settings used when saving or through
commands that you can run. For instance, vim has :retab which replaces all tabs
with spaces. Personally, I set up vim to highlight all tabs and trailing spaces,
so having them becomes a bit of an eyesore.