[phobos] std.parallelism: Request for review/comment

David Simcha dsimcha at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 14:32:08 PDT 2010

  This is basically the latest incarnation of ParallelFuture, but with
improved documentation.  A lot has changed, though, since the first
incarnation.  Here are some of the more important changes:

1.  Parallel map and reduce.
2.  Merge Task and Future.
3.  foreach(i, elem; pool.parallel(range)) now works.
4.  ref foreach now works even for non-random access ranges.  (It's
implemented by incrementally copying pointers into an array.)
5.  Worker-local storage.