[phobos] phobos commit, revision 1564

Don Clugston dclugston at googlemail.com
Sat May 29 13:31:27 PDT 2010

On 29 May 2010 02:57, Brad Roberts <braddr at puremagic.com> wrote:
> Excellent.  And if I might suggest 2 more goals for the next release:
>
>  1) close out at least 10 bugs that have patches

Since the goal seems to be to encourage community involvement, I'd
change that to:
close bugs with patches by at least 5 different authors. Most the last
dozen releases have had ten of my patches included, I don't think
anyone will be terribly excited if that happens again. I think there's
already 3 authors represented in the next release.
I suggest these bugs which look pretty straightforward (and therefore
unlikely to cause regressions):
3651 mangleof broken for enums   (by mpiepk)
4084 Ignored missing main() closing bracket  (ellery newcomer)
2881 x.stringof returns typeof(x).stringof when x is an enum (nfxjfg)
3854 Error on static initialization of arrays with trailing comma.
(regression, ibuclaw/ellery newcomer)
3554 for option -od for relative path the path is added twice
(regression, thecybershadow)

>  2) close out at least 5 bugs marked as regressions

1193 regression: "matches more than one template declaration" doesn't
list the location of the conflicting templates  (bradr)

is the only other regression with an up-to-date, trouble-free patch.
So I think that's a tough ask.

But really, the patch for the inliner bug 2127 is the most important.