[phobos] Why ConvError and not ConvException?

Andrei Alexandrescu andrei at erdani.com
Tue Nov 16 17:08:15 PST 2010

> On Tuesday, November 16, 2010 13:01:47 David Simcha wrote:
>> Once again, *please* put the aliases in for the old names for a few
>> releases.  I'm getting really, really sick of having my code break every
>> release now that D2 is supposed to be "stable" and I think other D users
>> are starting to feel the same way.
>
> I think that it should be general policy to use deprecated aliases

A related, very important topic, is that the deprecation message should
be user-configurable. I'm thinking something like

deprecated("You may want to use ConvException instead.")

There is no way to achieve that with static if, version, etc. The
deprecated warning would spring like now - only when the declaration is
actually used.