[phobos] next release

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 02:10:52 PDT 2010

On Friday 10 September 2010 01:40:45 SHOO wrote:
> (2010/09/09 23:08), Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> > On 9/9/10 8:20 CDT, Lars Tandle Kyllingstad wrote:
> >
> > 2. Define std.datetime, paste std.stopwatch in it, and have it import
> > std.date for now
>
> Is there the clear reason to adopt std.datetime?
> I think that std.time is better. Because name is short, and I think
> "time" include concept of the "date".

I think that datetime is more descriptive, and I have no problem with longer
module names, so I think that I'd prefer it, but I don't really care all that
much. The functionality is what's important, and if all date and time
functionality is together, then it's not like it's going to be all that hard to
find whether it's std.date, std.datetime, or std.time. Now, if we named it
something like std.temporaltoolshed, std.temporalkitchensink, or
std.temporalmishmash, then that would likely be a problem, but somehow I don't
think that anyone is going for that sort of name. Any of the seriously suggested
names thus far would likely work just fine.