[phobos] freebsd64 and osx32 + druntime semaphore test == evil

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 4 09:16:27 PDT 2011

Independently reproducible is good.  It means it's not something
specific to the auto-tester environment (not that I thought it was, but
good to confirm).

On Thursday, August 04, 2011 4:27:06 AM, David Nadlinger wrote:
> Just to let you know, I can easily reproduce this on my OS X 10.7 box by simply running testWaitTimeout() function in a
> loop:
>
> core.exception.AssertError at core.sync.semaphore(530): Assertion failure
> ----------------
> 5   semaphore                           0x000ff46d onAssertError + 65
> 6   semaphore                           0x00108886 _d_assertm + 30
> 7   semaphore                           0x000f7cb0 void core.sync.semaphore.__assert(int) + 24
> 8   semaphore                           0x000f84dd void core.sync.semaphore.testWaitTimeout() + 317
> 9   semaphore                           0x000f85c1 void core.sync.semaphore.__unittest1() + 17
> 10  semaphore                           0x000f7c93 void core.sync.semaphore.__modtest() + 11
> 11  semap
hore                           0x000ff8e1 extern (C) bool core.runtime.runModuleUnitTests().int
> __foreachbody262(ref object.ModuleInfo*) + 45
> 12  semaphore                           0x000fac93 int object.ModuleInfo.opApply(scope int delegate(ref
> object.ModuleInfo*)) + 79
> 13  semaphore                           0x000ff7d2 runModuleUnitTests + 134
> 14  semaphore                           0x00108fda extern (C) int rt.dmain2.main(int, char**).void runAll() + 38
> 15  semaphore                           0x00108b51 extern (C) int rt.dmain2.main(int, char**).void tryExec(scope void
> delegate()) + 29
> 16  semaphore                           0x00108aeb main + 179
> 17  semaphore                           0x000f7c75 start + 53
> 18  ???                                 0x00000001 0x0 + 1
>
> The assertion fails because alertedOne is not set, and about half of the times this happens, alertedTwo is set instead.
> The number of test iterations it takes for the first failure to
happen varies from several tens to thousands on my machine.