[phobos] freebsd64 and osx32 + druntime semaphore test == evil

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Thu Aug 4 04:27:06 PDT 2011

Just to let you know, I can easily reproduce this on my OS X 10.7 box by
simply running testWaitTimeout() function in a loop:

core.exception.AssertError at core.sync.semaphore(530): Assertion failure
----------------
5   semaphore                           0x000ff46d onAssertError + 65
6   semaphore                           0x00108886 _d_assertm + 30
7   semaphore                           0x000f7cb0 void
core.sync.semaphore.__assert(int) + 24
8   semaphore                           0x000f84dd void
core.sync.semaphore.testWaitTimeout() + 317
9   semaphore                           0x000f85c1 void
core.sync.semaphore.__unittest1() + 17
10  semaphore                           0x000f7c93 void
core.sync.semaphore.__modtest() + 11
11  semaphore                           0x000ff8e1 extern (C) bool
core.runtime.runModuleUnitTests().int __foreachbody262(ref
object.ModuleInfo*) + 45
12  semaphore                           0x000fac93 int
object.ModuleInfo.opApply(scope int delegate(ref object.ModuleInfo*)) + 79
13  semaphore                           0x000ff7d2 runModuleUnitTests + 134
14  semaphore                           0x00108fda extern (C) int
rt.dmain2.main(int, char**).void runAll() + 38
15  semaphore                           0x00108b51 extern (C) int
rt.dmain2.main(int, char**).void tryExec(scope void delegate()) + 29
16  semaphore                           0x00108aeb main + 179
17  semaphore                           0x000f7c75 start + 53
18  ???                                 0x00000001 0x0 + 1

The assertion fails because alertedOne is not set, and about half of the
times this happens, alertedTwo is set instead. The number of test
iterations it takes for the first failure to happen varies from several
tens to thousands on my machine.

David